Welcome

My name is Lori. This is my photography blog. I still have a day job while I pursue my photography business. I am flexing my creative muscles by pursuing a Project 52. I will post something that tickles my fancy each and every week of 2012. I hope you follow along and enjoy viewing my perspective, as seen through my camera lense. Happy 2012!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

100/365 ~ Learning to be Mitvah Makers!


Mitzvah - Hebrew word loosely translated to describe the act of expressing human kindness.

When Katie Starr told us that she wanted to help the people that were suffering in Japan as a result of the earthquake and Tsunami, we came up with an idea of asking for donations in return for a sweet thank you treat.

When we spoke about it to Katie's friend M and her mom C, well, let's just say they jumped right in and went to town baking.  I baked too but not nearly as well as C did!

Today was the day that we put our plan into action and with the assistance of Ethan and the parents, these two sweeties solicited donations after religious school was done for the day to the tune of $150.00.  All proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross and earmarked to go to the affected areas in Japan.

Today was a success on every level.  Money was raised and important lifetime lessons were instilled.  Win - Win! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment