Welcome

My name is Lori. This is my photography blog. I still have a day job while I pursue my photography business. I am flexing my creative muscles by pursuing a Project 52. I will post something that tickles my fancy each and every week of 2012. I hope you follow along and enjoy viewing my perspective, as seen through my camera lense. Happy 2012!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

76/365 ~ Five Years since the first glimpse of this beautiful face!

021

We were in love with this child from the moment she was merely a thought conceived in our minds. We had nothing more than hopes and prayers and yet we knew that our precious daughter was out there; somewhere.....

When we saw her smile and the light in her eyes for the very first time on March 17, 2006, we thanked our lucky Starrs for such a blessing. We cried tears of joy and celebrated our good fortune!

We knew that she was the perfect addition to our family...and she is. Her presence in our family ultimately provided the strength and faith to adopt again and once again our love multiplied.....times 3!

Five years to the day that we saw this face, the love has deepened to depths we never knew possible. We adore her as do her brothers, family and close friends that are like family to us.

Thank you to the Peoples Republic of China for matching us to our heart and soul....
Katie Starr Hongshan.

3 comments:

Tammie said...

And thank you for sharing your beautiful Starr with us!

Love Letters To China said...

Oh my....you certainly have a way with words. We are so blessed to have her in our lives too. She really is a shining Starr! Happy 5th anniversary!

Vivian M said...

She is truly beautiful, inside and out. :o) Happy 5 years!

Post a Comment